Our governors are volunteers who work in partnership with school head teachers to ensure that children receive the best education possible.
Our governing body has a range of duties and powers, and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
The governing body role includes:
- Ensuring there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school.
- Holding senior leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Ensuring the voices of stakeholders are heard.
- Ensuring that the governing body complies with all legal and statutory requirements.
GHS governors meet twice per term, visit school regularly and engage Trust and external groups as required to perform their role.
For information about Trust Governance please click here.
Governors (ID 1255)
Roger BurnsChair of Governors
Trust Appointment, Chair of Curriculum and Standards Committee
Angela PhillipsDeputy Chair of Governors
Trust Appointment, Safeguarding Governor
Jonathan ElvyTrust Appointment
Kevin FothergillTrust Appointment
Gillian MahaffyParent Governor
Appointed: 25/11/2022Gillian is a parent of a child who has been at George Hastwell School since she was 9, and she is now 17.She became a Governor to help support the school as they have supported her child so well, for so long.
Mia FrancisStaff Governor
Selena SmithStaff Governor
ex officio Governor
These documents are currently under review, and may not be up to date: